Sunday 27 June 2010

Brownbacks Race Day


Things I learnt today...
Doing the Darwen Real Ale Wobble the same weekend as racing is not a good idea... that was my excuse through the race only to find out that Mat (racing for Marmalades B&B) and Paul (Life Cycles) who also did afore mentioned Real Ale Wobble, came 1st and 3rd in their category, so I will need to think of another reason why I was so far off the pace. As always there a few other excuses I could use but I think that would take away from the other ladies , it was a really hot day, the sun was relentless, and I suffered nearly dropped out but the thought of seeing DNF on the results kept me going I was no longer in it to win it but just tried to keep in there, counting the marshal points , the one by the 1st tecky downhill bit, encouraging everyone up and down the hill, the one at the top of the red run that we rode up (well I walked most of it) and the one near the end with the Lancashire Vuvuzela, also known as an empty water bottle. Here’s the thing I usually beat myself up if I don’t do as well as I think I should have done, but not today I’m happy enough with finishing I’ll put it down to experience and I’m really please for Jo Holden who won the category she had a bad race last time and as the saying goes you win some you lose some, and sat here after I’m glad I did it enjoyed the race, loved the atmosphere in the quarry and there is always next time! At least one of the Powell ladies won a prize here’s my niece Hollie with her wicked stix spot prize a Hope T-Shirt, which she was too shy to go and collect but the proof is in the picture she loved it... almost as much as her ice- cream.
As always masive thanks to the organisers and big up to all the ladies that raced... we need more of us though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What should we have for the office lunch on Friday

Whats the most important things to you when staying at a B&B